Because this is only a 2-week project, I didn't spend that much time interviewing potential users or conducting usability testings. To continue the project, I will test out the high fidelity prototype, gathering user feedback, to further improve the flow and interface.
This was my first time designing micro-interactions. Within the 2 weeks, I explored different platforms a little bit and quickly landed on Adobe XD. It was challenging; I had to learned XD in a short period of time. The final result was imperfect, but I am satisfied with the basic micro-interactions I had. For the next step, I would love to refine and add more micro-interactions in order to give more personalities and interactivity to the app.
Through this fast-paced project, I learned how to adapt to feedback and make changes based on it quickly. During the initial stage of the project, I was a bit stuck with making a cooking app, because I didn't want to design another traditional translation app. But I soon realized that I had diverted from the project goal, which was to redesign a translation app. Therefore, I quickly made adjustments on the UX flow, and created the prototype.